How to get the most out of Clinique including things for free!

Saturday 22 August 2015



I am a huge fan of Clinique. There's no hiding it. My bathroom and make up bag are littered with their products and I'm forever harping on about them. However it is a relatively expensive brand and as a poor student I can't really afford it. Below is a list of the ways I have used to make it as affordable as possible and get as much for my money as I can.

1. Get yourself a Boots and/or Debenhams card depending on where you most frequently shop. I personally prefer Boots and its more convenient and you get more points with every spend. Always use your card when you buy your Clinique products. You will be amazed how quickly they add up and it is an easy way to make the most of the money you spend. Download the app on your phone to keep track of points and take advantage of the offers that are frequently available. In a few months I earnt enough Boots points to spend £30 on Clinique. That's £30 worth of stuff I effectively got for free.

2. Spend a little time choosing a favourite counter. This is really important as if its in a convenient location that you are likely to go to frequently you are more likely to pop in. I would advise frequenting your local Boots counter so you can also build up your Boots points with every purchase.

3. Develop some loyalty. By repeatedly visiting the same counter you will get to know the staff that work there. The guy who runs my local Boots counter in Southampton is absolutely awesome and so helpful. I always go to this counter and as a result he now knows me well and I can use his expert knowledge of the products on offer to my advantage.

4. Get involved with their social media. Follow them on Twitter and Instagram, sign up for their newsletter and like them on facebook. By doing so you can keep up to date with all the promotions that are on offer. Clinique almost always have some sort of promotion running and if you make an effort to time your purchases you will always save some money or get some products for free. For example I got an email yesterday to say there was a 24 hour offer on the Clinique website where you got two freebies with every £30 spend.

5. Make the most of Bonus Time. I only buy things from Clinique when its Bonus Time so I can get as much for my money as possible. In the UK you usually have to buy two items (one to be skincare) so I keep an eye on the Bonus Time website and carefully time my purchases to take advantage of these offers. Another thing worth bearing in mind is the more exclusive department stores (eg. Harrods) usually have better stuff in their Bonus Time than say Boots does. If you happen to live near a larger department store it may be worth popping in there for a visit as the value of the products you receive is probably more than you would earn in reward points from Boots or Debenhams.

6. Choose your products carefully. This is why it is useful to always visit the same counter and get to know the staff. Only go in when you know it will be quiet so that the staff have got the time to advise you properly. The people who work at Clinique counters have a genuine passion for beauty and skincare so taking the time to chat to them will help you get the most out of your purchases. Don't be afraid to ask to try products either as trying before you buy is essential. You don't want to spend £17 on a lipstick only to find it doesn't suit you. Never buy a product that you haven't tried in store or received a sample of during a promotional offer. That way you know it will work for you.

7. Make the most of new launches as there is usually a free or promotional offer to go with it. For example when the new Beyond Perfecting Foundation launched there was a free colour matched sample for every customer in store. You need so little of this foundation to make it work that my sample pot is still going strong so a quick trip into store was well worth it.

8. Don't be afraid to shop around as there are often deals available online that aren't available in store. Check the Clinique website carefully for offers. Sites such as Fragrencedirect.com often have Clinique products at discount prices and is always worth a look. Feeluinique.com allows you to choose your favourite brand and you always get 10% off with free shipping on orders over £10. This is very useful if you are too busy to go into the store and need to stock up on essentials.

9. If buying online always use Quidco which is an online cashback website. So far I've earnt £80 using this site so its well worth doing.

10. Most importantly always take advantage of instore services such as the Foundation Fit or skin type assessment. The key to getting the best value for your money is to only buy the products that will actually work for you. The more time you invest into choosing your products the better.

These are the methods that have worked well for me, if anyone has any other suggestions or tips I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan