Mini NYX Haul

Sunday 26 March 2017


Like most of the blogging world I got really excited when my local Boots recently opened up a HUGE NYX counter. Finally I could get my hands on all the goodies everyone is always raving about. 

But since it opened I've been on a strict saving plan and haven't really been able to splurge on a good Boots Haul. 

On top of that every time I go near that counter is surrounded by 14 year old girls in their Kylie Jenner crop tops and leggings grabbing everything all their favourite Youtubers recommend. Not gonna lie I feel a bit intimidated by the amount of choice there is as well as Nyx offers A LOT of products and it's in very plain packaging so it all looks similar and I can't get close enough because of all the people to have a good look at anything. 

I wanted to share with you the few things I have tried from there so far because I've been really impressed with all of them. 


I love a lip liner to help get my lipstick applied really evenly and neatly. I cannot be bothered with lip liners that need sharpening and I really like Rimmel's version of these too. Considering the price this gives a really opaque finish that lasts really well. It's also a true nude for me which I haven't previously managed to find from other brands. I love using this on its own with a nude lip gloss on top or under any lipstick. Because its so close to my natural lip colour it works with every shade of lipstick including darker vampy colours. I also use it under lipgloss/lipstain hybrids like the YSL Glossystains and find that it helps create a more even colour throughout the whole lip as they tend to be a bit patchy. Overall I am really pleased with this and I haven't taken it out of my handbag since I bought it. 


I picked this up because it looked like it could be an excellent dupe for the NARS Illuminator in Orgasm which I've wanted to try but couldn't really justify spending the money on. Like the NARS one this is a versatile product that can be used as a liquid highlighter or mixed in with your foundation or moisturizer to give a subtle overall glow. This is a really lovely soft rose gold and I don't currently own anything else that is a similar colour. I've mostly been used it mixed in with my foundation for a daytime look that I can wear to work and it definitely adds a little extra to my normally tired looking face. Overall for £7 I'm glad I picked this up because its a fraction of the price of the higher end version.


Another product that seems like an excellent dupe but this time for the ABH eyebrow pencils that are around twice the price. This has overtaken my previous favourite eyebrow pencil (the Soap & Glory Brow Archery one) as I think its a better colour for me. Unlike the S&G which only comes in two colours the NYX comes in 8 different shades ranging from pale to auburn to black so there should be something for most people. I have mouse brown hair that I colour to be darker but my eyebrows are naturally paler than my head hair so I need something brown, but not too dark or warm toned. Blonde pencils tend to be too light and not ashy enough so Ash Brown is literally the perfect colour for me. Like the lip liner this is a twist up pencil so you don't have to sharpen it (WIN) and it also has a really good spooley on the end. I have a couple of sparse patches right in the middle of the arch of my brow and I find that this easily masks them without looking too harsh. I like a natural brow and it seems you can be as bold or lighthanded as you like. It also stays put all day without any setting gel on top which is a definite  bonus for morning when I'm in a rush. This is the 3rd one I've purchased and they've lasted around 2 months each of daily use so they're definitely excellent value for money.

Top: NYX Born to Glow Illuminator in Gleam, Middle: NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown, Bottom: NYX retractable lip liner in Nude.

That's my small but well loved collection of NYX products. Let me know if there's something else I should try and elbow the teenage girls out the way to get my hands on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan